Interior lighting and Vista sunroof

ljforever

I am looking to find out if my new edge limited w/vista sunroof has a system malfunction or design flaw. I have two questions, the interior lighting for the rear seat and cargo area does not light unless I open the hatch or get in the back seat and flip the switch directly at the light itself. The light does not automatically come on when the hatch is opened. I have to physically turn the light on. Is this the way the rear light is supposed to operate? My second concern is the vista sunroof, it has a one touch feature, the first touch opens the sunroof 3/4 of the way and a second touch opens the remaining 1/4. When closing the sunroof the one touch features works to close the sunroof to about 3/4 of the way and you must keep the close button depressed to close it the remaining 1/4. Also, if the sun roof is accidently left open when the vehicle is shut off and exit the vehicle the sunroof does not automatically close. Is this the way the feature is supposed to operate?

I am looking to find out if my new edge limited w/vista sunroof has a system malfunction or design flaw. I have two questions, the interior lighting for the rear seat and cargo area does not light unless I open the hatch or get in the back seat and flip the switch directly at the light itself. The light does not automatically come on when the hatch is opened. I have to physically turn the light on. Is this the way the rear light is supposed to operate? My second concern is the vista sunroof, it has a one touch feature, the first touch opens the sunroof 3/4 of the way and a second touch opens the remaining 1/4. When closing the sunroof the one touch features works to close the sunroof to about 3/4 of the way and you must keep the close button depressed to close it the remaining 1/4. Also, if the sun roof is accidently left open when the vehicle is shut off and exit the vehicle the sunroof does not automatically close. Is this the way the feature is supposed to operate?

Yes, it's functioning normally. Why would you expect the roof to close automatically when you exit the vehicle? If it did that you would never be able to leave it open on a hot day, etc.

As for the light, I haven't checked mine but sometimes the switch has 3 settings - OFF/ON/Auto. Auto allows it to turn on and off automatically.