New to forum - 2012 Edge - Transmission failed - looking for some help.

Hi All, 

joined the forum to look for some help for my Daughters 2012 Edge.

Did not know where to post this msg. 

in a nut shell my daughter bought a 2012 Edge with 100K miles on it from a large dealearship, they gave her a 7 day no questions asked return policy then after that no warrenty. 

She bought the car after having a VIN check done to look for any out of the ordinary sevices or issues, seeing none she purchased the car.  3 days later she noticed a sound when turning to the right. She brought the car back to the dealer and they replased the wheel bearing and extendy her back to 7 day.  Car has ran great for a couple months.  Yesterday she was driving though town and she heard a loud noice and the car dropped out of gear and then decelerated down to 5 miles an hour. luckly it did not cause in accident due to she was going through an intercection when it happened, She limiped the car off the road into a parking lot and put in park. then put back in Drive and it would only move very slowly. She shut the car off and then turned it back on and put in drive and it worked, she was able to accelerate in the parking lot until it made the same noise and did the same thing.  

We had the car towed into a Ford Dealer ship to have them look at it.  They came back to day with a $ 10K quote to rebuild the Transmission.  they ran a code check and nothing came up, so they sampled the tranny fluid and said it was Grey and that the Transmission is shot.   they said the PTU looked like it has been leaking.  Can this be possible that with no warning the Transmisson would just go out and give no codes?

I am an electronics guy and to me it sounds like a sensor or a control module went out.  she spent 12K for this car and another 10K would be devistating to her.   Any help would be appreciated. 

• 1004ron changed the title to New to forum - 2012 Edge - Transmission failed - looking for some help.

Here is an update after a whole lot of calls were made.

Ford service - instantly said the transmission is bad and needs to be replaced.  $ 10K  they can not help cover unless Ford gives the ok, they need it to come from Ford - I 100% understand this, I ask if they could help escalate this through ford - they said no, I have to call Ford service number - which we did.  So far have not got anywhere with them.   I have no issues witht this dealer.

So while discussing this issue with the original dealership that we bought the vehical from which we found out they also own a Ford dealership. I had the car towed to a non ford Reapair shop.

They looked the car over and found no issue with the transmission, they found and issue with a bad wheel baring and a leak in the front diff.  they feel the issues is due to the wheel baring and the ABS system.  and quoted $785.00 - quite a bit lower than 10K.

after we found this out, the original dealer called us back after our discussing regarding the $10K quote from Ford. They stepped up to the plate and said they would cover 60% of the bill.  This blew my mind that they actual stepped in and offered us this, which is against thier used car 7 day policy. Very impressed with them.  So we discussed the non ford shops findings and they just shook thier heads. They have know requested us to have the car Towed to thier service dept. They will go over both shops findings and they will fix what is needed and will cover what ever was within the 60% of the high quote. So we towed it to them.

We are now waiting for them to give us the final word on what is actually need. 

Its nice to know that they are willing to stand behind the vehical they sold.  Not happy it happed or that we may have to cover possible 40% but it better than the zip we anticipated. 

• Thanks 1