Brake problem 2010 Edge has me scratching my head.

So might be a long story here but will try to make it brief. Two weeks ago, when I pushed on the brake pedal I would here massive air coming out of that area. I took it to the garage up the road (that I have used many times before) and was told that it was the brake booster. Made sense to me for the age and mileage and the sound I was hearing, so I had that replaced. Brakes where fine a few days after that I noticed that my anti-traction light was coming on and the rear brakes lights were staying lit until I tapped the brake pedal. I did some googling and found others saying it sounded light the brake switch near the pedal. I was able to replace that myself and everything was good for a while. I noticed that the brakes started either going to the soft like all the way to floor and then next it would be rock hard. I took it to the same garage and was told it was now the master cylinder and that the piece I replaced was good since it was just showing old codes. I picked it up on Thursday and now the ant-traction light came on today, rear brake lights remained on until I pushed on the pedal, the breaks are getting spongy again, and when depressed all the way when stopping they feel grindy. I hope this all makes sense, just scratching my head not sure what it can be. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for double posting but have been doing a little research and all leads to brake light switch. I put another Motorcraft switch in and now the anti-traction light still comes on and the rear brake lights stay on until I tap the brake pedal. Completely lost here. 

As a shot in the dark, have you tried to cycle the ABS valves?

Or, try going down a gravel road and do some lock-ups to exercise

the ABS valves. I could be wrong but, I've seen lots of recomendations

along that line.

Also addressed here already too.

Let us know...

Edited by garycrist