Ipod set up

I want to connect my ipod using the line out, but I want it to charge and play when the car is running only, meaning when I turn off the car the ipod pauses and is no longer receiving a charge.

Which product will work the best with my preferences?

Have you found any good deals on ebay or other online sites?

just curious.. why would you want to do it this way? what is the benefit over the USB which applies a charge?? but it seems if you really want to do it this way you would have your line in connection and just use a car lighter car charger for the ipod to apply the charge. simple as that, but not sure why when 1 simple USB input handles it all.

just curious.. why would you want to do it this way? what is the benefit over the USB which applies a charge?? but it seems if you really want to do it this way you would have your line in connection and just use a car lighter car charger for the ipod to apply the charge. simple as that, but not sure why when 1 simple USB input handles it all.

thanks for responding. I have been unable to locate the usb port. Granted Ive own the car 3 days now. Does a USB port come with the SE model and if so where. All I have in my center console is a line out and lighter charger.

well on all 2007/2008 it is in the center arm rest console. a USB and line in port right next to each other. BUT you may not have the Sync system in your 2009?

I dont have the Sync, and I double checked the center console for a USB port, but no bueno. I found another product that might work called the Griffin Autopilot that has a charger and a line out. Any other suggestions that would work with my preferences.

You can go with the peripheral piece it will charge and bring the text to the factory radio. We stock them and it is a 15 minute install that requiers 2 plugs to be pulled from the radio and a t harness put in between. It will charge when car is on and you can also add hd radio if you want. A bluetooth option will be availabe in a month or so. We sell a ton of these as it is a very simple install and no programming required like other kits, plus you can keep your sat radio if you have it.

• 3 weeks later...
You can go with the peripheral piece it will charge and bring the text to the factory radio. We stock them and it is a 15 minute install that requiers 2 plugs to be pulled from the radio and a t harness put in between. It will charge when car is on and you can also add hd radio if you want. A bluetooth option will be availabe in a month or so. We sell a ton of these as it is a very simple install and no programming required like other kits, plus you can keep your sat radio if you have it.

Sounds like a useful unit interface. I went to your web sight but did not see a unit that listed the 07 Edge. Do you have any more info? Also will this work with the OEM nav unit?