2018 Ford Edge Front speaker upgrade

Hi All, 

Firstly, I have a 9 speaker ford stock speaker setup.

I have been running Rockford 3-way in rears and I am pretty satisfied with sound. The stock would sound distorted at higher volumes, these don't so far

Recently, I was listening to music around 22 volume and +5 bass, the stock front speaker sounded fine till 20 but at 22 I could feel the front speaker distort, whereas rear seemed just fine. (Just to add my fader is just +3 from rear)

Now, I want to upgrade the front as well but after some research, the best way would be to go with component and I am quite inclined towards these (since I am on a budget).

However, I am not willing to change the stock tweeters since from some videos they seem to require modifications but that's for later. Before that, I am wanted to check if the front doors have crossovers installed from factory? And can I just replace front lower mid-range woofer with the above Rockford component woofer and call it a day?

Also, what is this device on the front door panels? (I might be sounding stupid here lol)

image.png.6789e27429a8b8f498ad4779dcf1a6de.png

Any suggestions or guidance is welcomed!

Edited by bhamraS97

The tweeters can be changed without modifications if the new ones are small enough (I believe it was around 42 mm).

If you install a aftermarket component set you will need an adapter for the speaker (Contact DeLander from diymobileaudio forum or buy from amazon but those usually are a litlle flimsy) and (easiest solution) also an adapter for the speaker cable (found on amazon).

You should also dampen your doors and door cover, check e.g. the diymobileaudio forum for guidance on this, this is a very important step if you want good sound without rattling and other noises.