Edge 2007

What do I need to make my 2007 Edge to have the SYNC feature?

Thanks

Hi trr. :D Unfortunately, it can not realistically be done at this time.

While Ford Genuine Accessories has an aftermarket retrofit kit out now, it is only for the 2008-2009 models. SYNC was not available on the Edge at all in the 2007 model year, with 2008 being the first year of SYNC availability. The 2007 is simply missing far too many computer components, electronic components, wiring harnesses, electrical components etc etc.

Even if there was a way to figure out how to do it, the amount of time and money that would need to be thrown at the job would be prohibitive.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi trr. :D Unfortunately, it can not realistically be done at this time.

While Ford Genuine Accessories has an aftermarket retrofit kit out now, it is only for the 2008-2009 models. SYNC was not available on the Edge at all in the 2007 model year, with 2008 being the first year of SYNC availability. The 2007 is simply missing far too many computer components, electronic components, wiring harnesses, electrical components etc etc.

Even if there was a way to figure out how to do it, the amount of time and money that would need to be thrown at the job would be prohibitive.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thnks!!!!

trr4luvpr,

I also have a 2007 Edge that did not come with the Sync option, so I installed a Pioneer AVIC F700BT, which (to my understanding) has a lot of the same features as the SYNC system:

• Turn-by-turn nav system
  • Integrated bluetooth and contacts list
  • ipod control
  • voice commands for making calls and operating the ipod

So far I've been really happy with my system, and because I've done all of the installation myself I'm only in about $600 for the whole setup (Around $400 for the deck, and $200 for adapters and installation supplies). If you have any questions about this system I'd be more than happy to answer them.

You can see a picture of my installation at the end of this post.