Transmission slipping on 07 Edge?

fcservak

I purchaced the Edge in October 2008 Certified Pre-Owned with 14,000 miles for my wife's use. The first two times that I drove the car, I noticed that after coming to a stop (especially at an up-hill stop sign) when pulling away from the stop, the transmission would appear to slip, then bump into low gear (rear of car) when pulling away from the stop. A check of the transmission fluid found no fluid on the stick - which was promptly remedied by the dealer. However, the car continues to slip and bump into gear especially when cold or first started.

The "slip and bump" has been demonstrated to the dealer on multiple occasions. Parts that have been replaced over five different repairs have been: PTU seal, PTU valve, valve body and solenoid body. I was told by the dealership that they can do nothing for me further.

The car now has 23,000 miles and continues to slip and bump on a more frequent basis. In addition my wife (who is the primary driver) says that she thinks that the transmission is now slipping at highway speeds when she tries to accelerate.

It doesn't appear from reading this forum that we're the only ones with a transmission problem like this. Isn't there an expert at Ford that knows what the problem is and can help?

The last 5 vehicles that I have purchaced have been Fords and I have never purchaced an Asian car.... yet.

• 2 months later...

I do have the same exact problem. I took it to the agency and they said that an expert (gear engineer) checked everything but he didn't find anything wrong.

Eventhough it happens less now, but when it does occur... maaaaaaaan the car shakes like hell when shifting from the first to the second gear...

I will tell the agency to change the bands and servos and I'll see what would happen. I hope it would solve the issue, cause it's really annoying.

Edited by FaHaD

I have been on a Ford Explorer forum for many years as I have a Mountaineer. There is a long post there about the six speed trans and what has been done by the dealers to cure some of these same issues. I dont know how similar these trans are but I hope this info may help.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199183

Edited by kempie