Anyone have any idea why all 3 of these would not work? Is there a fuse that is for all 3. Rear windows work fine from drivers door and rear doors. All fuses associated with these are fine. Any ideas?

Sounds like maybe a harness came unplugged. The roof and compass are part of the same harness afaik, but the windows and roof have their own fuses/relays. Kinda weird that the front windows are part of the problem though.

Sounds like maybe a harness came unplugged. The roof and compass are part of the same harness afaik, but the windows and roof have their own fuses/relays. Kinda weird that the front windows are part of the problem though.

Yeah. Also just figured out that the microphone also doesn't work on the bluetooth. Speaker is fine but people cannot hear me. I installed Headrest DVD and it stopped working after this.

I installed Headrest DVD and it stopped working after this.

uhh... you don't think that is a pretty important piece to this puzzle for the initial question :doh:

clearly, you knocked a wire lose, clipped a wrong wire, bumped a harness, messed up a ground, etc - something from your install.. just backtrack your install

also, on a side note, under the hood are larger fuses in a fuse box on drivers side top of engine near windshield - you might check those over as well and see what the manual says each does as one might have fried as I had it happen 1 time and it knocked out some random items

uhh... you don't think that is a pretty important piece to this puzzle for the initial question :doh:

clearly, you knocked a wire lose, clipped a wrong wire, bumped a harness, messed up a ground, etc - something from your install.. just backtrack your install

also, on a side note, under the hood are larger fuses in a fuse box on drivers side top of engine near windshield - you might check those over as well and see what the manual says each does as one might have fried as I had it happen 1 time and it knocked out some random items

Thanks for the replies. My question was if anyone knew if there was a fuse that would pertein to all 3 of the functions I mentioned. How it could have blown didn't matter. I found out which one it was. I basically took every fuse out and checked them. Luckily it was the third one I checked. In the manual it says it is Delayed accessory function for radio and lock switch illumination. Fuse number 41. Not a good explaination for what it is actually for. But all is working fine now. Thanks again for the responses.

Thanks for the replies. My question was if anyone knew if there was a fuse that would pertein to all 3 of the functions I mentioned. How it could have blown didn't matter. I found out which one it was. I basically took every fuse out and checked them. Luckily it was the third one I checked. In the manual it says it is Delayed accessory function for radio and lock switch illumination. Fuse number 41. Not a good explaination for what it is actually for. But all is working fine now. Thanks again for the responses.

yep, your original question was fuse specific I agree, but often - very often - especially in electrical, there are numerous possibilities so you never know what lead to the issue & what details would/could be needed to help a person troubleshoot it - so more details the better, especially high level ones about what actually proceeded the issue - like an install of something.

anyway.. fortunately, you guessed it was a fuse and you were right.. but it just as well could have been a bad ground along the way for example so a fuse question would not have mattered. in the end, it was likely a crossing of live power wires with a bad/no ground that fried that fuse - cheap fix :)

• 2 years later...

Thanks John! I just had exactly the same problem while preparing to hardwire my radar detector. I knew it was a fuse but had pulled all the ones where the name in the owner's manual made sense (mirror, driver's window). Wasn't looking forward to pulling them all out, was thrilled to find this old post which gave me exactly the right answer.

So, just for Google juice: if your driver's window, SYNC microphone, and compass all fail (COMPASS NO RESPONSE message), replace fuse 41!