New Wheels, Old Tires?

I have a 2009 Edge Limited. It has the 20" Chrome Clad wheels which are 7.5" wide. The tires are the Pielli Scorpians, P245/50R20.

I am considering the purchase of some new wheels that are more my style. Most of the wheels I am considering are 20" X 8.5" wide. Can I use my old tires on the new wheels? The new wheels are 1 inch wider than my current wheels.

What concerns should I have?

Thanks to all who reply.

I have a 2009 Edge Limited. It has the 20" Chrome Clad wheels which are 7.5" wide. The tires are the Pielli Scorpians, P245/50R20.

I am considering the purchase of some new wheels that are more my style. Most of the wheels I am considering are 20" X 8.5" wide. Can I use my old tires on the new wheels? The new wheels are 1 inch wider than my current wheels.

What concerns should I have?

Thanks to all who reply.

Hi Steve. Short answer: Yes, you can use the Pirelli's on your new wheels.

More in depth answer: Every major tire manufacturer has a section of their website where they list the specs for each and every model and size tire they make. Among other things, the Spec section will also list the minimum/maximum wheel width range allowed for a particular tire model and width. For example, it may say that for the Pirelli Scorpions P245/50R20 has a recommended wheel width range of 7" - 9.5" (just an example).

I know The Tire Rack lists those Specs and would assume Discount Tire also does.

But you are safe, if you want to skip the research part.

Good luck. :beerchug: