SCREEN DISPLAY QUESTION?

Is there any available screen (which replaces the audio control box) that has the below functions...

* DVD Player.

* MP3 Player.

* MP4 Player.

* CD Player.

* TV Enabled.

* iPod can be connected to it through wirig from the glove box and can be controled from the steering wheels buttons.

* Bluetooth. Which I can use to connect my mobile phone and use it free handed. Plus, it is syncronized with the vehicle audio system.

* When a rear view camera is installed. It displays it whenever you drive in reverse.

* Can connect to my Garmin Nuvi GPS device.

* Does not affect the SYNC andI can still use the buttons in my steering wheel.

I visited the dealer in my area and I found a screen that does most of the above except that I cannot connect my Garmin Nuvi GPS devise to it. Plus, if the screen is installed. The sync will be affected and audio control in my steering wheel will not function.

I do not need a screen that has a built in GPS since I already have one. Plus, it would be more expensive.

Sorry for the long inquiry.

Sounds like you're asking for quite a lot of integration in one unit that I'm not sure exists... Most likely you'll have to give up something (which I'm guessing will probably be SYNC functionality). There are several aftermarket headunits however that offer quite a few of the options you're looking for. Do you have just the basic stock headunit (without touchscreen nav)? I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD this weekend and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's a 7" touchscreen DVD unit with optional iPod compatibility and bluetooth (via extra accessories). There is also an optional unit (PAC SWI-PS) that allows you to retain steering wheel controls. I'm going to pull everything out and take some pictures this weekend and post on here.l

Yes. Currently, I have the basic stock unit (which does not include touchscreen nav). I find it wierd that the steering wheel controls gets affected and disfunction when I install a screen. I have also heard from the agency that in few months they will have screens that does not affect the steering controls. However, it would be almost double the price of the current one.

About the Pioneer you've just installed, is the iPod plugged from the screen itself to the iPod. I mean, will there be any wires hanging around if you wanted to connect the screen to the iPod. Or can you connect it while the iPod is in the glovebox and you control it from the screen? If you have the required antenna installed in your car, can you display TV in your screen?

Yes. Currently, I have the basic stock unit (which does not include touchscreen nav). I find it wierd that the steering wheel controls gets affected and disfunction when I install a screen. I have also heard from the agency that in few months they will have screens that does not affect the steering controls. However, it would be almost double the price of the current one.

About the Pioneer you've just installed, is the iPod plugged from the screen itself to the iPod. I mean, will there be any wires hanging around if you wanted to connect the screen to the iPod. Or can you connect it while the iPod is in the glovebox and you control it from the screen? If you have the required antenna installed in your car, can you display TV in your screen?

The reason you lose steering wheel control is because an aftermarket headunit has different connections than the stock vehicle harness. In order to hook up the new headunit you can splice the wires together or buy an aftermarket wiring harness specific to your vehicle. The wiring harness, however, doesn't allow for the bundle of wires which has the steering wheel controls. That's where the PAC Steering Wheel Integration comes in (www.pac-audio.com). This unit bridges the steering wheel control wiring to the aftermarket headunit (with a wired remote control port).

As for the iPod integration... all wires are hidden. You can customize this (as far as where the wires go) however you like. I modified my center console tray (just in front of the shifter) and the dock connector comes out of there so I can easily plug in/unplug my iPod. As long as the headunit you choose supports iPod control onscreen, you will have all functions of the iPod at your fingertips. If you choose to have the wire hidden in the glove box, that would be the easiest thing to do.

Lastly, the unit I installed has multiple A/V inputs and outputs to allow for multiple devices. I don't know specifically if a TV could be hooked up, but I wouldn't see why not. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'll pull everything out and take pictures of everything so you can see exactly how everything came together this weekend.

Thanks for all of the clarification and pictures would be beneficial and is really appreciated. I don't really know who the manufacturer of the unit is. I need to know so I can pick the correct PAC steering wheel integration. However, hopefully the guarantee won't be cancelled. I would double check this with the agency before I order the wires.

I really appreciate your feedback. :D

The unit that the agency offering is manufactured by AVALON. To be honest, I never heard about them but I've googled it and I found this LINK I guess this product is the one they are offering.

As I mentioned, I never heard about this manufacturer before and I don't know how good they are. The stuff that this unit provides is all that I have mentioned before except that the steering controls will stop working.

Should the PAC universal intergration solve this problem or it might not work with the AVALON unit??

Edited by FaHaD

wkevingossett, I know what an Infra Red remote control is, but I don't really understand why should it be in an audio set? I am asking this question so I can explain to the agency if that unit has an IR remote control or not...

Car headunits have two different types of remote control, wired and IR. The factory headunit has wired remote control, so the the steering wheel control module plugs directly into the back of the unit. Some aftermarket units have IR, allowing for a small handheld remote to control playback. The PAC SWI-X works with IR units, so if the unit you are looking at has IR control you can use that interface to regain your steering wheel controls. But if the unit has a wired remote input, then you might be out of luck because PAC makes each of their units compatible with certain brands.