New Edge Owner

royakeith

I picked up my new Edge yesterday! :happy feet:

White AWD Limited, 20" chrome wheels and totally loaded. Wow what a ride!

Except :censored: the SYNC and Satellite radio were Kaput. Had to go back today a have the dealer connect their diagnostic computer to the OBDII socket to reset every thing. They tell me that they are having quite a few reports of this problem. When I eventually synced my cell to the system it showed that someone had tried to sync a Blackberry at one time. (Maybe on a demo run) anyway the mechanic told me that Blackberries are a problem. Antone else have a problem? Also, my instrument lights are dim even with the roll switch all the way up. I did the calibration in the owners manual but it made no difference. The manual also said that the message center and climate center would not dim until full darkness, but they do dim as well as the instrument lights in daylight. Back to the dealer again? :banghead:

This is not working out as planned.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my new 2010 Ford Edge Limited in Candy Red on Saturday. So far I love it -- except my Blackberry disconnects after the first 5 minutes. I don't know why and I just noticed this problem. I didn't know Blackberrys don't work well with the Sync. It announces "Blackberry is now disconnected from the system." Then my phone actually shuts off and resets as if I took the battery out of it and did a hard reset. Then the second time I sync it - it works. This is annoying. My huband doesn't have this with his phone, but then he doesn't have a Blackberry.

I really want to learn how to download songs from CD's to the hard drive. I expect it's not hard to do. I already figured out how to do song alerts on Sirius.

I have no problems with the lighting at all. The AC is fine. What year is your Edge? Maybe you have an electrical problem throughout the lighting system.

I picked up my new Edge yesterday! :happy feet:

White AWD Limited, 20" chrome wheels and totally loaded. Wow what a ride!

Except :censored: the SYNC and Satellite radio were Kaput. Had to go back today a have the dealer connect their diagnostic computer to the OBDII socket to reset every thing. They tell me that they are having quite a few reports of this problem. When I eventually synced my cell to the system it showed that someone had tried to sync a Blackberry at one time. (Maybe on a demo run) anyway the mechanic told me that Blackberries are a problem. Antone else have a problem? Also, my instrument lights are dim even with the roll switch all the way up. I did the calibration in the owners manual but it made no difference. The manual also said that the message center and climate center would not dim until full darkness, but they do dim as well as the instrument lights in daylight. Back to the dealer again? :banghead:

This is not working out as planned.