Gremlins in my brakes and moonroof!!

Miss Crawford

OK so I parked my 2008 Edge with 14,000 miles at the airport for 3 days. When I returned, the first thing I noticed as I backed out of my parking spot was the brakes made a grinding/shuddering sound. It did this for about 5 minutes, and then stopped-normal braking performance and sounds after that. This has never happened before and hasn't happened in the week and as half since I returned. Did it fix itselfLOL?

And ONCE I opened the moonroof, and it did this start/pause/start thing for about halfway back. It only did this that ONE time. Did it also fix itself?

I know if I take my Edge in and it isn't doing the things described at that moment, it won't be fixed. Help! Jen

OK so I parked my 2008 Edge with 14,000 miles at the airport for 3 days. When I returned, the first thing I noticed as I backed out of my parking spot was the brakes made a grinding/shuddering sound. It did this for about 5 minutes, and then stopped-normal braking performance and sounds after that. This has never happened before and hasn't happened in the week and as half since I returned. Did it fix itselfLOL?

And ONCE I opened the moonroof, and it did this start/pause/start thing for about halfway back. It only did this that ONE time. Did it also fix itself?

I know if I take my Edge in and it isn't doing the things described at that moment, it won't be fixed. Help! Jen

Hi Miss Crawford. :D Concerning the brake "problem". Completely normal. When your sits for several days, "surface rust" will begin to form on the brake rotors. The first few times you begin to move and use the brakes after that, the brake pads will wear off that surface rust and then you will hear no more sounds (as you noticed). This is completely normal with disc brakes. In fact, in rainy or humid conditions the surface rust can sometimes form overnight.

Concerning the moonroof. Not 100% sure what you mean by a "start/pause/start thing". But either way, if it does it again, you should bring it in for service.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with the moonroof one day, like I would hold on the close button, and it would kinda jitter or nudge forward a bit and stop and then go again, it was wierd. few hours later it was ok.. lol