I need a new ride

fatherof3

Lease is up on my BMW Z4. I know its a jump to an edge but I am "father of 3". I have not owned an American car since 1982. But I am seriously considering the edge. After reading some of the problems I'm a little aprehensive. I know it loks great but I want to buy the car and keep it for 100,000 miles. I realize that all cars have problems but this PTU thing has me concerned. I guess my question is how reliable is this car? Thanks for any replies.

Lease is up on my BMW Z4. I know its a jump to an edge but I am "father of 3". I have not owned an American car since 1982. But I am seriously considering the edge. After reading some of the problems I'm a little aprehensive. I know it loks great but I want to buy the car and keep it for 100,000 miles. I realize that all cars have problems but this PTU thing has me concerned. I guess my question is how reliable is this car? Thanks for any replies.

The PTU problem appears to have been fixed - and that only affected AWD models. The 20" chrome wheel problems have also been fixed (new supplier).

There have been a few other minor issues such as poor paint coverage (easily checked before delivery). Nothing to be concerned about though.

It's a great vehicle. I have a Fusion that's almost 4 years old and an Edge that's over a year old and neither one have been back to the shop for any repairs or problems.