'07 dealer installed Sirius from another Ford vehicle work in '07 MKX?

klc317

The lease was up on our '07 Mercury Mariner (Ford Escape) and since leases aren't readily availible right now, we picked up a very low mileage '07 Lincoln MKX. Loaded but does not have Sirius. The Mariner had a dealer installed Sirius system put in it which I had to redo since they did a pretty crappy job. The dealer had actually just laid the reciever box on top of the guage cluster plastic and put some 2-sided tape on it...geez! Since we will still have pocession of the Mariner for a few more days I'm wondering if I could pull the harnesses and reciever box out and install it in the MKX. I guess my main question involves the whether the harness that goes to the radio on the Mariner will plug into the back of the MKX radio. There is more than enough cable length coiled up in the Mariner to reach the rear of the MKX to reach the rear drivers side area for a factory looking install. The head units in both vehicles are regular 6CD AM/FM units. I haven't had a chance to pull out the MKX head unit to look at it but it would be very convinient and basicly free if it would work. The MKX head unit has the typical AUX button on it. It's not necessary to turn the Mariner in at the end of its lease with the Sirius installed since it technically isn't a "factory" option. Thanks!

Edited by klc317