FALSE ADVERTISING??

Interior question regarding dashboard Heat / AC vents. While scanning through my 2007 Ford Edge sales brochure I noticed in several areas (page 14 & page 19) the passenger side heat/ac vent also had a chrome bezel around the perimeter just like the ones in the center dash console on the SEL and SEL + :redcard: Along with the fact that on page 14 and page 16 it is very clear that the drivers side vent does not have the chrome bezel. Why would Ford publish a picture of a vehicle with the chrome bezel on the passenger side vent when in fact this isn't an available option on ANY trim level (although in my opinion it should be to match the center console vents). This post is not to bash the Edge or Ford as I am happy with my own Edge purchase. Yes it may be considered anal to some readers but I am just curious if the pictures are of "real" vehicles or maybe just computer generated. I have read all of the disclaimers in the brochure about changes and that they don't have to notify of any changes but this item is something that is purely for "dress-up" of the interior of the vehicle that doesn't even exist. NO, I am not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night! :hysterical:

that isnt false advertising, those pictures were taken before the vehicle was even released from the gates. Materials can change throughout production. You may find this sales brochure misleading but it isnt false advertising. Deal with it, it shouldnt be a deal breaker.

-Dan

that isnt false advertising, those pictures were taken before the vehicle was even released from the gates. Materials can change throughout production. You may find this sales brochure misleading but it isnt false advertising. Deal with it, it shouldnt be a deal breaker.

-Dan

I didn't read where he or she was upset about it....rather just curious.

It was probably something being considered, but dropped at the last minute?

Thanks for your reply and input Robert...

Yes, just curious. Glad you responded before I did as my retort to post #4 may not have been as civilized. :shades:

I'll chalk it up to 'growing pains' for the forum. :reading:

You're welcome.....even though Bismarck rocked during his military escapades, he loved diplomacy. It's all good :)