New Edgehead

3 Bar Grille

If I can add my 2 cents here......I traded in a 2004 Mazda Tribute (same everything as the Escape) for a 2007 Edge a few weeks back. The braking on my Tribute was quite efficient, responsive and consistant. The braking on the Edge has a farther (is that the right word?) pedal path to travel but stopping is more than acceptable. Considering there is what, a 500 pound weight differance between the 2 vehicals I would say it is more than adequate and that I am still getting use to these little nuances.

I think Houndkeeper nailed it very well regarding brakes.

A few observations:

I like the Escapes dead pedal better

No grab handles on A pillar?

No nice looking engine cover on edge?

My escape now feels like a box on wheels

My left elbow seems to rest better on the escape door.

0 to 30 on edge is fantastic..

Why no blue instrument lighting on edge..?

Edge should go on a slimfast diet..

I think Houndkeeper nailed it very well regarding brakes.

A few observations:

I like the Escapes dead pedal better

No grab handles on A pillar?

No nice looking engine cover on edge?

My escape now feels like a box on wheels

My left elbow seems to rest better on the escape door.

0 to 30 on edge is fantastic..

Why no blue instrument lighting on edge..?

Edge should go on a slimfast diet..

I also think it bizaar that there is no grab handles on the A posts!!

Another thing and this is really probably only cool to me, is that I can rest my left elbow on the window sill and wedge my index finger on the top portion of the window.....hard to explain but it prevents my arm from falling forward. I couldn;t do that with my Tribute or my 2002 Ford Sport Trac.

I wish there were blue instrumentation but am glad it isn't orange at least.

And as for Edge diet? Sign me up.......... :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

:shades: Just bought my blazing copper Edge SEL about 6 weeks ago.

Here's my "beef"... I am missing it right now. It has been sitting at the dealership shop since Monday, apr.2nd. I took a trip to The Smokies in TN. On my return home (500 miles one way), the ABS & traction control light came on. Luckily I made it home. But once I was at home, the ABS would pump the brakes when I gently approached stop sign. I took it to the dealership right away! The shop said that I need a new ABS sensor. They attempted to put in for a rush order, but was told that it's backordered. Luckily, they found the part at some dealership in Ohio and bought it. Just received an update today, that they just received it and are now installing it. I wish they would have gave me a loaner vehicle. It's difficult to go without your vehicle for 5 days. Thank goodness it's under warranty!

Have any of you had this problem? I've searched but didn't find anything yet.

I really loved it before this. I hope I still will when I get it back. I am hoping for today!

:banghead:

:shades: Just bought my blazing copper Edge SEL about 6 weeks ago.

Here's my "beef"... I am missing it right now. It has been sitting at the dealership shop since Monday, apr.2nd. I took a trip to The Smokies in TN. On my return home (500 miles one way), the ABS & traction control light came on. Luckily I made it home. But once I was at home, the ABS would pump the brakes when I gently approached stop sign. I took it to the dealership right away! The shop said that I need a new ABS sensor. They attempted to put in for a rush order, but was told that it's backordered. Luckily, they found the part at some dealership in Ohio and bought it. Just received an update today, that they just received it and are now installing it. I wish they would have gave me a loaner vehicle. It's difficult to go without your vehicle for 5 days. Thank goodness it's under warranty!

Have any of you had this problem? I've searched but didn't find anything yet.

I really loved it before this. I hope I still will when I get it back. I am hoping for today!

:banghead:

Why no loaner????? I would have told them there is no question about it. I need a loaner or rent me a car!