2007 edge sel. head light problem....

i have a 2007 edge sel. the left head lamp stop working.....all the fuses are good , i tryed a new bulb and checked the plug with a test light. there is no power at all and there is a ground. everything is there but the power. the fog lights work and the right headlight works. please help thanks

Hi baumgardner. :D I would recommend checking the fuses again. According to the fuse panel diagrams, the "left low beam headlamps" fuse is fuse #7 in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Since only the left low beam is out (I assume, since you do not mention the high beam), and the left and right low beams do operate from different fuses, there is a good chance that you may have missed the burnt out fuse.

And just as a precautionary FYI: Even if it is the fuse, you still have not diagnosed what caused the fuse to blow. Fuses should not blow in a properly operating electrical system. So, is your Edge still covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Warranty? It would be a good idea to have it professionally checked for other electrical problems to ascertain what caused the fuse to blow in the first place (or whatever the problem may be if not a fuse).

Let us know what you find out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

i did check all the fuses and everyone of them is good. the high beams work also. i contacted ford service tech and he told me to check the plug itself because they tend to get hot and melt the wire inside. he also said if that wasnt it then the junktion box is bad (aka fuse box). this is the 2nd time this i had this problem and they replaced it once already and yes the truck is still under warrenty...i knew i got 100,000 mile warrenty for a reason. so i am going to check that and i will let you all know what happens with that . thanks

Hi baumgardner. :D I would recommend checking the fuses again. According to the fuse panel diagrams, the "left low beam headlamps" fuse is fuse #7 in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Since only the left low beam is out (I assume, since you do not mention the high beam), and the left and right low beams do operate from different fuses, there is a good chance that you may have missed the burnt out fuse.

And just as a precautionary FYI: Even if it is the fuse, you still have not diagnosed what caused the fuse to blow. Fuses should not blow in a properly operating electrical system. So, is your Edge still covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Warranty? It would be a good idea to have it professionally checked for other electrical problems to ascertain what caused the fuse to blow in the first place (or whatever the problem may be if not a fuse).

Let us know what you find out.

Good luck. :beerchug: