Rear wiper arm - replacement

The rear wiper on my 2007 Edge was broken at a car wash. I purchased a replacement blade arm, but I'm nut sure how to get the old wiper blade off. I removed the nut that's holding it on, but the old blade won't come off. I don't want to force it and break something else. Anyone know how to bet the rear wiper arm off?

The rear wiper on my 2007 Edge was broken at a car wash. I purchased a replacement blade arm, but I'm nut sure how to get the old wiper blade off. I removed the nut that's holding it on, but the old blade won't come off. I don't want to force it and break something else. Anyone know how to bet the rear wiper arm off?

you need a 2 jaw pulleruntitled.jpghope this helps :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

Must be an epidemic or poor design because mine rear wiper arm on my 07 MKX finally gave out going through the car wash yesterday. Having grown up trying to fix cars myself when you could do such a thing, I thought this should be simple. However, after having the same trouble as Stinger1519, I quickly surmised that it wasn't going to come off without a puller of some sort which I do not have one.

I also found it interesting in the owners manual that they say this design is supposed to reduce damage in a car wash, I don't think so.

Must be an epidemic or poor design because mine rear wiper arm on my 07 MKX finally gave out going through the car wash yesterday. Having grown up trying to fix cars myself when you could do such a thing, I thought this should be simple. However, after having the same trouble as Stinger1519, I quickly surmised that it wasn't going to come off without a puller of some sort which I do not have one.

I also found it interesting in the owners manual that they say this design is supposed to reduce damage in a car wash, I don't think so.

Mine broke in a car wash the second day I owned it. Seems to be a pattern here.....

• 3 months later...

This is why I ALWAYS hand wash my cars and NEVER run them through a car wash.

FYI: my rear wiper arm broke too, but it was from the weight of snow sitting on the back window, and the weight pulled the arm down so that it was pointing straight down at the ground. I tried to take it off, but couldn't, as all you other posters described. Never had this happen to a rear wiper before. Sloppiness, Ford, sloppiness. My Edge is a 2008.

• 9 months later...

I just broke the wiper arm on my 08, sweeping the snow from the rear window, "live in NJ". Talk about a crappy design.

Doesn't any one have a good source for a replacement part? Date: 12-26-2010

Edited by spider9303

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Where did you folks get your replacement wiper arms? I've looked online and only find the blades, I prefer not to have to go through the dealer to get it.

BUMP.

Mine broke last week and I would like to fix ASAP.

I need the piece that is bolted to the rear windshield and the cover. I still have the arm and blade.

Edited by Cards227