fourreds

Hello! I'm new to this forum but have owned my Edge (2007 SEL) for over 2 years now and love it! We looked initially at the Nissan and the Mazda, etc. but this SUV beat them all hands down and was actually less expensive than many. No problems in the 2+ yrs. and 60k miles we've put on it (knock on wood!).

I do want to upgrade the Nav disc that is in the Navigation since it is very outdated and does not have many of the roads in our general area - i.e. MD, DC, VA. I did check the navtec site and they want nearly $200 for it - that's just crazy. I can get a brand new Magellan 1430 for $120 (w/ updates). Anyone out there know of a cheaper way? Please send them my way. Take care and glad to be on the EDGE Forum!

:reading:

fintan - That's much better at least. I really couldn't see paying $200 for it. Since I'm currently at 4p, I guess even the 7p would be a nice upgrade for me at this point. I'll check ebay as well - maybe I can find the 7p for less than $100.

Lex - Yes, after looking into it further on the forum, I have seen a lot of talk, but as you say - no one really stepping forward on this. Is the disc that difficult to copy properly so it will work? Have you ever tried doing that yourself?

Thanks to both of you for you for checking it out for me.

Here is the best I have found on Ebay for 8p - $135 w Free Shipping.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-FORD-L...5fAudioQ5fVideo

I have never ever ever tried such a thing, to scared the police will knock my door down ;)

I have often wondered, the few people that have offered up making "backup copies" (insert legal speak here) did so and never really came back around. maybe they were contacted by moderators and told tisk tisk tisk... just a speculation of sorts

I sold my 6p on the Craigslist long ago, maybe hoping one day I will score an 8p as I think even 135 is a laughable price. Believe it or not, I saw an 8p on CL in Norcal like the first 2 weeks they were out and passed on it, now kicking myself.

I've been scouring the CL's near to me for a few days myself and have found nothing. I guess I'll keep looking! Thanks again!

I have never ever ever tried such a thing, to scared the police will knock my door down ;)

I have often wondered, the few people that have offered up making "backup copies" (insert legal speak here) did so and never really came back around. maybe they were contacted by moderators and told tisk tisk tisk... just a speculation of sorts

I sold my 6p on the Craigslist long ago, maybe hoping one day I will score an 8p as I think even 135 is a laughable price. Believe it or not, I saw an 8p on CL in Norcal like the first 2 weeks they were out and passed on it, now kicking myself.