MKX Road Noise

ralleyjohn

I had the Michelins on our 08 MKX and noticed road noise was bad from start of ownership. I have 18" wheels. After 45000 mi.s I couldn't take it no more. Foundout there aren't to many size tires for this vehicle. Researched for a couple of weeks and went with Continentals from NTW. They had a special of 103.00 a pc. Which to me was a steel. Put them on and what a world of difference. Put almost 2000 mi.s first week on trip. Night and day for noise. I here other noise could be wheel bearing..but maybe..I'll keep my ear on that. The whining noise is the fuel pump which my wife can't here..neither can dealership. Just giving headsup on new tire purchase. michelins aren't good for this vehicle.

Lincoln went the opposite direction on this. They started with the Continental Cross Contact tires & got lots of complaints on those. Some even claimed the so so braking was partly the fault of those tires. Late in 07, they switched to the Michelins.Most seem to think the Michelins are quieter & get far more milage out of them.

• 1 month later...