Rear Wiper Blade can be replaced

(fyi) There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement rear blade on the Lincoln MKX (I'm assuming the Ford Edge is the same). It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Blade' (available online) snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

:yup:

(fyi) There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement rear blade on the Lincoln MKX (I'm assuming the Ford Edge is the same). It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Blade' (available online) snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

I picked up the Trico wipers yesterday. Still having a hard time getting the rear wiper off. Is it possible to give detailed instructions on how about to replace it.

Thanks so much :)

Hello again

I went back out to the car and although it is cold I was determined to get this wiper replaced. I did read the instructions given by Trico. At first I was getting nowhere doing it their way and finally gave up. I put the wiper back in the car and closed the rear hatch. I just had to try one more time and although I can't tell you exactly how I did it but I did manage to get the wiper blade off. It came off quite easily I may add. Follow the instructions and the wiper will pretty much pop out of the arm. I had the fingers of my left hand between the arm and the blade near the center where the arm snaps in, my right hand was squeezing the blade between the right side of blade and the arm. I then squeezed and pulled the blade with my right hand out toward the rear right right tail light. When you try to pull it out it pulls on an angle not straight toward back of car.

I hope someone can make sense of this. My total time trying to change the rear blade was no more than 5-7 minutes. :)

• 9 months later...

I slid A small screwdriver between the blade and the arm,right where the pin is ( look at your new one first ) gave it a slight twist and it popped right off.

NAPA Item# 60-0140 ( $12.11 )

BTW front blades are 60-020-1 9 ( $ 8.63 ) and 60-026-1 ( $ 17.13 )