Quick question on "wheel negotiation"

NBAworm

I have a dealer that has a base SEL with 18" painted wheels on his lot. 9k miles. I am ordering a loaded SEL with the Chrome clad 18" wheels that I DO NOT want. He says he would be willing to trade out my wheels for those with some money of course... My question is, how much should I reasonably expect to get by trading new chrome for old painted wheels on the deal??? Dealer is family friend, so I'm not out to gouge him, as he's helping me as well. TIA for any advice.

I have a dealer that has a base SEL with 18" painted wheels on his lot. 9k miles. I am ordering a loaded SEL with the Chrome clad 18" wheels that I DO NOT want. He says he would be willing to trade out my wheels for those with some money of course... My question is, how much should I reasonably expect to get by trading new chrome for old painted wheels on the deal??? Dealer is family friend, so I'm not out to gouge him, as he's helping me as well. TIA for any advice.

I did the same with my '09 Limited - let the dealer have the chrome wheels and I took the painted ones. The sticker price difference was $830 (or so). The dealer gave me $500. My trade was made when both vehicles were brand new on the lot.

Edited by computerguy

I did the same with my '09 Limited - let the dealer have the chrome wheels and I took the painted ones. The sticker price difference was $830 (or so). The dealer gave me $500. My trade was made when both vehicles were brand new on the lot.

maybe I can get him to throw in some Sport heads/tails and call it good!