Emblem removal

Maybe some of you could help me out here-

I know I have seen a thread on here before about removing the front and rear Ford emblems, but I can't find it again for the life of me. Does anyone know how to remove them? I found out how to customize them myself but I don't know how to even get to the rear logo. Saw that scam thread from iKona about the bumperettes, and REALLY liked the shaved emblem look he had, so does anyone know what it takes/how much it costs to get that done??

Any direction on this would be amazing, I've looked around here for days with no luck other than the emblem overlays.

Thanks!

Here is a thread where Lex posts about the removal of the rear emblem.

Once it's removed you're going to have to fill the holes and repaint the hatch if

you don't intend to replace it with something.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4399-removal-ford-symbol-on-hatch/page__p__34526__hl__emblem%20removal__fromsearch__1&&do=findComment&comment=34526

As far as the front logo you're going to have to remove the bumper and then you should have no problem removing the logo from the grill.

You could always replace the front OEM grille with a billet grille seen bellow if you don't want a logo.

803096-095.jpg

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Once it's removed you're going to have to fill the holes and repaint the hatch if

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4399-removal-ford-symbol-on-hatch/page__p__34526__hl__emblem%20removal__fromsearch__1&&do=findComment&comment=34526

As far as the front logo you're going to have to remove the bumper and then you should have no problem removing the logo from the grill.

You could always replace the front OEM grille with a billet grille seen bellow if you don't want a logo.

Thanks!!! That is the thread I have been looking for!! And if I can ask you an opinionated question - how do you think the billet grille would look if i attached some painted Ford letters(think 1976 e-series van hood) to it??

Thanks!!! That is the thread I have been looking for!! And if I can ask you an opinionated question - how do you think the billet grille would look if i attached some painted Ford letters(think 1976 e-series van hood) to it??

Well if you're asking for my opinion im going to say I am not a fan of the billet grille at all.

I do wish there was some way to remove the logo and just have the three bar grille.

I do like the idea of having some classic letters on it.

Something like the Ford Flex has below.

3D-691580.jpg

I have to agree on that - definitely a fan of the 3 bar grille over the billet one.

I love the letters on that Flex(I think I might even have the same ones?)

Do you know of a way to shave off the emblems? or do you think I would just have to take it into a customs shop? - or the dealer and have it cost an arm and a leg

Do you know of a way to shave off the emblems? or do you think I would just have to take it into a customs shop? - or the dealer and have it cost an arm and a leg

Shaving off the "Edge, SEL, Limited and AWD" emblems?

Yes, just simple heat them up with a hairdryer or wait for a hot summer day and use a piece

of fishing wire to work back and forth behind the emblem.

Use goo gone to remove the excess double sided tape left over from the emblem.

Here is a video.

I mean the Ford symbol and it's lifted molding, I've already removed the Edge, SEL, and AWD tags. Lift Off definitely worked better than Goo Gone.

I've seen it on the road and on this thread http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2856-feeler-thread-gaging-interest-in-bumperets-for-the-edgemkx/page__p__21906__fromsearch__1entry21906, but I have no clue how to go about getting it done.

The second picture has the flat, clean piece on the hatch where "Ford" used to be.

I mean the Ford symbol and it's lifted molding, I've already removed the Edge, SEL, and AWD tags. Lift Off definitely worked better than Goo Gone.

I've seen it on the road and on this thread http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2856-feeler-thread-gaging-interest-in-bumperets-for-the-edgemkx/page__p__21906__fromsearch__1entry21906, but I have no clue how to go about getting it done.

The second picture has the flat, clean piece on the hatch where "Ford" used to be.

I haven't taken a look at the emblem but in the initial link I posted Lex describes the process.

As far as that thread it looks like the pictures are just photoshopped to exclude all emblems.

I am pretty sure the original poster was referring to some kind of painted rivet that is pushed into the hole left from the logo.

I have seen this done on holes left from the front license plate bracket.

IMO the only way to avoid rusting is to have the holes filed and hatch repainted.

Here are the bumper plugs.

dsc0310.jpg

3M makes a good adhesive remover that is clearcoat and paint safe. It comes in a red & white spray can or metal pour type can at any parts store. It works well for getting body "badges" or dealer installed badges off. The hair dryer and fishing line works well in combination with this stuff. Goo Gone works well too.

Edited by klc317