2010 Edge Pricing

Cobrakev

Hi All,

Looking at a 2010 FWD SEL Edge. Can anybody tell me what they are paying for the OTD Price on their SEL Edge? Just trying to get a rough price before I go to price the one we are looking at. Buying in the state of Georgia. Little info in the Edge. 2010 FWD SEL Edge, Vista Roof, Cargo Pkg.

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking at a 2010 FWD SEL Edge. Can anybody tell me what they are paying for the OTD Price on their SEL Edge? Just trying to get a rough price before I go to price the one we are looking at. Buying in the state of Georgia. Little info in the Edge. 2010 FWD SEL Edge, Vista Roof, Cargo Pkg.

Thanks

Hi Cobrakev. :D I would recommend you go to Edmunds.com and work up the price of the Edge model with all equipment/options you re interested in. In this way, you will find the MSRP, Invoice and TMV (True Market Value) for your particular vehicle.

The reasons I recommend this are many. But the bottom line is that taking an online poll of what people say, believe or think they paid will not get you any type of accurate figures. Here are just a few reasons why:

1 - Some people will include tax and fees, others will not (even though you asked for the OTD price).

2 - Sales Taxes vary greatly by State.

3 - Incentives and Rebates vary by ZIPCode and date of purchase. So the variance in Incentives received will make any price comparisons worthless.

4 - Dealers sometimes give a low ball new vehicle price, but make up the cost by ripping off the customer on their trade-in and finance rates.

5 - On the flip side of the coin, Dealers sometimes give customers good trade-in offers or loan finance rates, but charge MSRP (or higher) on the new vehicle. So how are you to know which happened to who when you re only getting an OTD price on the new vehicle from those who answer.

6 - To explain 4 and 5 above: Essentially, Salesmen are trained to read the customer and provide whichever seems more important. to them.. A good price on the new vehicle, a good price on the trade-in, a good deal on the financing or a combination of any all of the above.

7 - Some people will simply be confused and innocently provide inaccurate information.

8 - A minority of people on the Internet will simply make figures up.

9 - Some people will quote prices paid on Plans you do not/may not qualify for (and not mention the fact). Such as Ford AXZ-Plan purchases, Costco, AAA, Buyers Choice etc.. That will give skewed results.

10 - Those are only 9 of the reasons it is better to consult a professional source as opposed to anonymous Internet figures.

We have seen it all before. For example, in some cases we have had people insist they got these great unbelievable prices on a new vehicle. When asked questions and pressed, we finally discovered that they were including the trade-in allowance on their old vehicle, as though it was some sort of free money. It was as though they did not realize handing over their old vehicle was essentially the same as handing over cash (except for the sales tax credit of course). They didn't realize the trade-in allowance should not be included in the OTD price, it should be included in the overall vehicle cost.

Anyway, while it never hurts to ask strangers for pricing information, you will get a much more accurate read on what you should pay by consulting professional sites like Edmunds, KBB etc...

Hope you understand I am only trying to help.

Good luck with your new purchase. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530