Earthquake in IL

igcitng

There was an earthquake centered in Gilberts IL this morning around 4 am. I woke up to the house shaking side to side. I am about 20 miles from the epicenter of it. Had no idea what it was until I turned on the news in the morning. The winds were blowing super strong overnite so I thought it was a violent burst of wind or something had hit the house. It was quite terrifying. Got up to check and could not find anything out of the ordinary. However, it explains a lot. One of my fosters was so wound up last nite, would not relax. One of my dogs got me up at 3 am to let her out, which never happens and my other foster was pacing in her pen and drinking a lot of water, a sign of stress in dogs. As it was happening I could hear one of my small birds fall off of his perch and start cussing, and my other dog got up and was roaming the house like he was lost. What a wild night!yup.gif

I would have thought it was a snowplow going by.

We had a couple small shakes in Iowa last year.

The plows were going by all nite, they usually do not make the house shake. There was no sound to go with it, just the windows rattling so I figured it was not that. And it was pretty violent shaking and swaying, those few seconds seemed like an eternity. I was pretty sure it wasn't something hitting the house either, but I checked anyway. Two years ago I did have a car speed through my front yard, thru my landscape and hit the car in the driveway sending it thru the fence and into a tree, missing the garage by about two inches, so nothing would have surprised me, but this sure did!