Lost Sound

wil

Hey guys - just got my 2010 Edge with NAV - only 1 week old and something weird happend.

I was listening to SIRIUS - all was good. Stepped out of the truck - loaded a treadmill in the trunk and went on my way.

SIRIUS started to go a little choppy so changed stations - sounded ok. Went back to original station and no sound at all.

Went back to other working station - still no sound. Went to CD/HDD/USB,... no sound! Cranked volume to hear hissing of speakers,... no sound.

The odd thing is that the SYNC voice prompts worked and the music visualizer was showing sound was being made however nothing could be heard.

This lasted for the entire drive of 15+ minutes. I had to make a pit stop and had a feeling that as soon as the truck was turned off and then on again it would start working

and so it did.

Can anyone guess what could have caused this to happen? Has it happend to anyone else?

I'm going to take my Edge in soon b/c the rear moonroof shade when opened gets caught at times and randomly slams open some time after causing an ear blowing shutter.

This happend even b4 I took delivery of the car. I'll be sure to mention the no sound issue as well.

Thanks in advance,

As always - appreciate all the input

Wil