new edge owner

samiam

I just bought a 2008 limited fully loaded and like it a lot.. one question though, it seems to want to play music from my iphone by default when turning the car on via stereo BT.. it overrides my USB stick which is what I want to use for my music.. so I have to switch the source back to USB every time.. is there a way I can force it to not start playing the iphone's music and just default to the USB only?

edit: pic

edge1.jpg

Edited by samiam

I just bought a 2008 limited fully loaded and like it a lot.. one question though, it seems to want to play music from my iphone by default when turning the car on via stereo BT.. it overrides my USB stick which is what I want to use for my music.. so I have to switch the source back to USB every time.. is there a way I can force it to not start playing the iphone's music and just default to the USB only?

edit: pic

edge1.jpg

I can't answer your question...but...Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

fixed the issue.. it was my USB drive.. it was a Kingston SD card reader, which works ok, but it confuses the system at start... I got a centon 8gb mem stick and no more issues with iphone stereobt overriding the usb..

so I started getting the burning smell in my vents and I thought, PTU seal immediately.. I also noticed the car would shift hard back into 1st sometimes, so I took it in... I got the shifting software update which fixed the tranny issues 100%... the burning smell was a plastic bag which had stuck to my exhaust manifold near the cat... well, exhaust pipe between the cat and the engine somewhere.. they scraped what they could off and it's a lot better now.. they said my PTU seal was not leaking for sure. whew.

after about 1500 miles I have to say I like the edge more and more every day.. and it's not like I didn't like it to start with or anything.. great car!