Rear Hatch Dome Light

Hilton

I have a 2010 Limited. Is there anyway to turn off the rear dome light with the rear hatch open? I was at a parade and had people sitting in the rear and with the hatch open it turns on the front dome light, a side light in the rear and the rear dome light. Seems like you should be able to turn these off.

this has kind of been an issue since the beginning. if you search here, you will see mentions of this for people that go camping or to a drive in, etc.

I ended up making a flip switch that ties into the fuse box and shuts down all internal lights. You can search and find it.

BUT, IIRC, next time you do this, trying locking the doors with the remote while in the car. I did not go back and search for the thread, and since I use my toggle switch I do not recall exactly, but something about that rings true.

that or it was like manually, with your finger, closing the little hook latch on the trunk to make it think the trunk is closed. something like that... search will find the thread