Typical Tire and Brake Life / Ford Edge

wmercer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We have over 50,000 on our Edge and have not replaced the tires or the brakes yet. When i had it in for an oil change they said the brakes were only halfway gone and the tires still have quite a bit of tread left. Will more than likely get over 60,000 + outta them. Not bad for OEM tires!!! We have the 20' rims with awesome Pirelli Scorpions on them. I will definately be replacing them with the same tire. Hope this helps.

Ā 

For you Edge high milers, what is the typical milage that I should expect to buy new tires and brake pads? I know it depends on many factors but just interested in past experiences. Thanks

we're about to roll 30,000 miles and they're AT the wear bars. looking to replace within the month (april) haven't even looked at the pads but i'll probably replace them at or before 50K miles. going w/ the green EBC's as well. and i think i'll do the SS lines. the wife plans to keep this many more years. :hyper: i really liked the conti tires but their mileage was poor. and the braking is very UNinspiring. probably what ever's on sale. (it's her car, she doesn't care how it performs)