Switch BladeKey Cutting Question

jhamil

Hi All;

I just purchased a switch blade key off of Ebay for my 2010 Edge. Can these keys be cut at any key cutting place or can they only be cut at the dealer. I brought it to Home Depot and the sales associate told me only the dealer can cut them because they could damage the internal chip. Does that sound accurate and the dealer uses a special key cutter not to damage the chip, or was he being lazy? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All;

I just purchased a switch blade key off of Ebay for my 2010 Edge. Can these keys be cut at any key cutting place or can they only be cut at the dealer. I brought it to Home Depot and the sales associate told me only the dealer can cut them because they could damage the internal chip. Does that sound accurate and the dealer uses a special key cutter not to damage the chip, or was he being lazy? Thanks.

I got the same key off of ebay also and i went to the dealer where i live in NH and they cut it for free.....