Voice volume and auto play of iPod

Let me see if I can explain this: first, I can't seem to get the voice level set consistently. Directions or prompts are often loud and startling, despite previous setting.

Second, after prompting for a phone call, I must quickly turn up the volume to hear the person I call. Is there a way to set the volume of the phone?

Last, my iPod automatically starts whenever I start my Edge. I set the autoplay to off, but still have the problem. The iPod plays even when I am not listening to it, which greatly reduces the battery life.

Let me see if I can explain this: first, I can't seem to get the voice level set consistently. Directions or prompts are often loud and startling, despite previous setting.

Second, after prompting for a phone call, I must quickly turn up the volume to hear the person I call. Is there a way to set the volume of the phone?

Last, my iPod automatically starts whenever I start my Edge. I set the autoplay to off, but still have the problem. The iPod plays even when I am not listening to it, which greatly reduces the battery life.

I think everyone here has the problem with the phone volume. I find it annoying also. Luckily the volume goes back to what it was for the radio when the call ends.

The iPod streaming can be turned off. When it starts to stream, open your iPhone and change the output to speaker.

IIRC, are there not actually 2 systems at play in the Sync unit.. one handles the navi, one the phone and that is why you hear different volumes despite thinking your using 1 sync system

Yes, at least in the early vehicles. That's why you first have to say USB to get out of the Radio/Nav menu and over to the Sync menu.