My 2010 Edge is a Lemon

blizzard2010

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any experience with the Lemon Laws and the 2010 Edge? I have a 4 month old Edge Ltd with 3000 miles. It has been in the shop 6 times. I spent 3 mornings at the service dept, and lost it another 3 times with a total of 26 days out of service where they provided a loaner vehicle. The main problem is the rattling noise from the sunroof. They have tried to fix it 5 times. They know it is an issue, but Ford stopped replacing sunroofs a while back, and now try to find fixes. They have tried lubing parts, and found unpadded dowels, but it is still rattling away. Now, they say that they will not replace the roof, or work on it anymore. They said to come pick it up, or I will be charged for the loaner. Basically, deal with it. Also, it has been in on these visits for a Tire Pressure Sensor fault ( happened 3 hours after I picked it up), Iphone incompatibilty ( their website said it was compatible), the transmission was slipping and slamming me from behind, all 4 brake rotors had to be recut at 2600 miles (pads were fine and they said it happens), the door latch had to be adjusted, the USB port failed and needed repair, the memory seats are losing their memory and the GPS/Sync is having problems (location errors, weather update not connecting and an icon saying NoGPS on the screen, even though it is tracking). As they will no longer work on the roof, which they have confirmed and documented has a problem, are they not in violation of the warranty? They could replace the sunroof and fix the problem, but just don't want to spend the money. So, go away. The service tech who notified me said that Ford states the problems are "characteristic" of the vehicle. What does that mean? I notified a lemon law attorney and also just sent off the required paperwork for NY State Attny Gen New Car Lemon Law Arbitration, as they have left me no choice. I don't trust this vehicle. If all these systems are failing, how can i assume it won't brake down at a dangerous time or possibly cause an accident. Again, anyone else have all these problems, and how did you deal with it? Thank you

Mine is still not fixed. Ive had my car in the shop a total of 10 times and they have relaced parts and chips 4 times and back it goes again. They have however offered my ANY car I want and give me FULL payment for what I paid for my car. (43,000.00) so thats good news, but I have to do all the financeing and can't at this time so am still stuck with the car. so Tues May 10 2011 I will take her back to ford again to put a recorder in again. Thats how Ford made the chip the first time around. So we will try it again. Best of luck

Donna AKA WOLFIE

2010 Ford Edge LMTD :banghead:

Congrats on your victory with FORD I guess I will be getting a lawyer now too