Picturepro

and looking at a 20x8.0 44mm offset, Flex wheel

Is 39mm to 44mm much to consider??

39mm = 1.5354331inches Flex

44mm = 1.7322835 inches Edge

0.2 inch

39mm offset would make it closer to center of vehicle

thanks

Hi Picturepro. :D MOFSTEEL is correct. Assuming both wheels are the same width (you must know width and offset to accurately measure), the lower the (positive) offset the further from the center of the car the wheel is pushed out.

For example, if both wheels are 8.0" wide, old offset being +44 and new being +39, the new wheel will be 5 mm further from the center of the car AKA closer to the fenders. In this case, if both wheels are 8.0" wide, the new wheels will fit, since 5 mm would make no difference.

You can use this handy online tool to get correct calculations: LINK: Wheel Offset Calculator Just plug in current/new wheel widths and offsets.

Also, as MOF mentioned, be sure the wheels you are purchasing/ordering have a usable centerbore.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

just got 2010, 20 ", 10 spoke flex wheels to put on my edge the hub bores do have to be milled out to 70.6 mm from 67.1, my tire guy has a wheel lathe, and getting the wheels refinished to hyper silver finish same as the infinity's and tire choice are the toyo proxes st 2 in 245/50/20 size,, i will post pics when done

this wheel? the center hub does not fit? according to the above post wheels chart the tire will be .43" further out, the stock tire is just at the edge of the fender now.

post up some photos when you can thanks

wheels_ford_flex_limited_20in_chrome_big.jpg

just got 2010, 20 ", 10 spoke flex wheels to put on my edge the hub bores do have to be milled out to 70.6 mm from 67.1, my tire guy has a wheel lathe, and getting the wheels refinished to hyper silver finish same as the infinity's and tire choice are the toyo proxes st 2 in 245/50/20 size,, i will post pics when done

Thinking?.....

with the flex 39mm offset and running a 255/50/20 or 265/50/20 want to fill up the wheel well a little

the dealer has a edge with 245/50/20 not enough rubber to fill in wheel well without lowering springs

GFAMEDIMG_8801F25B-F843-E6F6-7D37-B66F7D37B66F.jpg

of the center is board out will that allow the cap to just fall out after a bump?

sorry cooking dinner and posting mixed with poor writing skills.

3.4 mill out the center of the all wheels. then the Edge center cap will fit and the stock Flex will be 3.4 loose

if I can find someone to do it correctly in So Cal still like to do it, great looking Flex wheel

found your old post.... not sure what you have on the edge hardware lug section?? 1/2/2009 Lug?? typo same 12x1.50

Flex

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Center Bore: 67.1

Hardware:12x1.50 Lug

Offset: 34-45mm

Edge

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Center Bore: 70.5

Hardware:1/2/2009 Lug

Offset: 34-45mm

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure If I posted this in another thread, but I figure this converstaion is kina where I am looking to find my answers so I'll ask here:

What about a wheel with a +50mm offset? if it is a 19x8.5 wheel with that large of an offset, will it work on the Edge or will it be too close to the inside of the wheel well?

the wheels I'm questioning are actually off of a Mustang that I want to know if they can be used on an Edge or not. Thanks.