2007 Ford Edge beeping when left unlocked

lemmy999

My girlfriend just got a used 2007 Ford Edge SE FWD. The keys were missing and there was just a Standard Securilock key (the kind without the remote entry transmitter built in) and two of the old style separate keyless entry remotes. Everything works fine, but if the car is not locked when you get out of it, after a few minutes the car starts beeping. It is very loud (it isn't the horn) but you can hear it within 5-10 feet of the car. Does anyone know what this is and how we can stop it? Thanks.

My girlfriend just got a used 2007 Ford Edge SE FWD. The keys were missing and there was just a Standard Securilock key (the kind without the remote entry transmitter built in) and two of the old style separate keyless entry remotes. Everything works fine, but if the car is not locked when you get out of it, after a few minutes the car starts beeping. It is very loud (it isn't the horn) but you can hear it within 5-10 feet of the car. Does anyone know what this is and how we can stop it? Thanks.

Hi lemmy. :D That does not sound like any feature that was part of the factory installed equipment.. Seems like her Edge may have had some sort of aftermarket alarm or entry system installed by the previous owner. Your best course of action would be to return to the Dealership where she purchased it and ask them to check the vehicle out.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi lemmy. :D That does not sound like any feature that was part of the factory installed equipment.. Seems like her Edge may have had some sort of aftermarket alarm or entry system installed by the previous owner. Your best course of action would be to return to the Dealership where she purchased it and ask them to check the vehicle out.

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Well...she is a bit embarrassed. She told me about this beeping, but it was actually a phone that had been left in the car. She thought locking it stopped it because it was beeping several times and stopped when she locked the door. And then later it started beeping again. Thankfully it wasn't the Edge. She loves it so far.

Well...she is a bit embarrassed. She told me about this beeping, but it was actually a phone that had been left in the car. She thought locking it stopped it because it was beeping several times and stopped when she locked the door. And then later it started beeping again. Thankfully it wasn't the Edge. She loves it so far.

ha-ha-part-deux.jpg

That's pretty damned funny! :tequila: