replacement/lemon law with edge?

On to PTU repair #4. I am starting to explore my legal options as well as what Ford Cust service can do to remedy this. 17k miles on 08 awd edge. 4th time in shop, 3rd time this month alone for same issue. Has anyone else had experience with either route? i.e. lemon law filing or working directly with customer service to replace? Any info much appreciated. thanks. :sos:

On to PTU repair #4. I am starting to explore my legal options as well as what Ford Cust service can do to remedy this. 17k miles on 08 awd edge. 4th time in shop, 3rd time this month alone for same issue. Has anyone else had experience with either route? i.e. lemon law filing or working directly with customer service to replace? Any info much appreciated. thanks. :sos:

Hi John. :D Sorry to hear about your problems.

When you purchased your Edge, you were given a bunch of paperwork and booklets. One of those booklets was the Warranty Guide. There is a section in that Warranty Guide which deals specifically with your type of problem. It explains how and who to call/contact at Ford Customer Relations. It has a section explaining the BBB AutoLine Arbitration Program. And it has a section describing how to initiate Lemon Law proceedings (well within general guidelines, since Lemon Laws vary by State).

If you lost or can not find your Warranty Guide, you can download a PDF copy here: LINK: Ford Owner Guides

Good luck. :beerchug:

Lemon laws do very by location, but most require the vehicle be bought new, experience the concern(s) and be out of service 30 days or more within the first year (12,000 miles). Some laws distinguish between "safety" related concerns and nuisance concerns. NPF or "No Problem Found" visits don't count toward repair attempts. For other repairs, try to make sure you can duplicate the concern, if it is not readily apparent.

As bbf2530 says, read your documents before spending money with an attorney. If you are past the eligibility, ask your service manager to contact the regional service engineer for assistance. They have in-plant and service engineering contacts that have the latest information on "field fixes". They may even suggest another dealership do the repair the next time (many times, it's not the part, but the installer).

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

in 2 months I have had my car into the Okotoks Ford dealership 6 times!! prior to that it was at Universal Ford 8 times, ps I drive an 08 edge.., If theres a lemon law or a law against lemon mechanics I would love to know!

Ps. currently fighting with Okotoks because on the 3 visit they dented my middle console and my 6th appointment scratched my inside door handles.. they fixed the center console but will not accept responsibility for the door handles