Aluminum Wheels

lucy72

My rims look like the top clear coat surface is peeling off. I have had the car detailed and have washed them numerous times thinking it could have been something sticky on the rims but it was not. Does anyone know what this could be or experiencing the same thing????

My rims look like the top clear coat surface is peeling off. I have had the car detailed and have washed them numerous times thinking it could have been something sticky on the rims but it was not. Does anyone know what this could be or experiencing the same thing????

The chrome clads? Mine came with a cover on them to protect the chrome during transit. The service dept. took the film off, but it left a really bad residue after I washed it the first time. I tried Goo-Gone and Oops, nothing worked. So I took it over to the service guys, and they got it off with very fine steel wool. Just polished it right off, didn't scratch or damage the plastic chrome. If that's a similar situation, you can try that. If not, I'd take it in and have it looked at.

The chrome clads? Mine came with a cover on them to protect the chrome during transit. The service dept. took the film off, but it left a really bad residue after I washed it the first time. I tried Goo-Gone and Oops, nothing worked. So I took it over to the service guys, and they got it off with very fine steel wool. Just polished it right off, didn't scratch or damage the plastic chrome. If that's a similar situation, you can try that. If not, I'd take it in and have it looked at.

Steel wool? Ouch!

My suggestion is Goo-Gone and some elbow grease.

Took me some time to get them all clean but they look perfect now.