My new 2010 Edge Limited with mods

Hello,

Just recently bought a 2010 Ford Edge Limited with all the trimmings. Love the car but wanted a few touches to set it apart. Installed some nerf bars and side panel strips. Here's some pics:

car1.png

car2.png

Just in case anyone is interested I installed:

- Steelcraft 3" Round Step Nerf Bars Stainless Steel

- Sportwing Painted Body Side Molding (Tux Black)

Did it all myself within 1.5 hours. Easy install, no drilling.

Still trying to decide whether I want chrome handles or not. I kind of like the look now. If anyone has a diagram on how to install/remove the door handles I would appreciate a look to see how difficult it is (someone posted one a few years back)...

Anyway enjoy the pictures.

Thanks

I've got the Sportwing side moulding installed on my Edge as well. I think it looks great and find it hard to believe that Ford didn't put something like that on the Edge in the first place. Without it, the doors are just a huge target for dings.

I've got the Sportwing side moulding installed on my Edge as well. I think it looks great and find it hard to believe that Ford didn't put something like that on the Edge in the first place. Without it, the doors are just a huge target for dings.

I think I'd like it more if the bars were black instead of chrome.

I'm going to even look into replacing my chrome molding with the SEL's black molding.

• 2 months later...

I think I'd like it more if the bars were black instead of chrome.

I'm going to even look into replacing my chrome molding with the SEL's black molding.

Just ordered my nerf bars- in powder coated black. 2010 Edge SEL in Tuxedo Black, and want to keep it as black as possible. eBay for $145 landed! have little kids, and they need help climbing into the back (without scuffing the sills- which I will likely get vinyl overlays for anyway). When they come in, will take some pics, and post here.

looks pretty good. more and more you see nerf bars, some of the newer BMA CSV's have them for example. theirs are much cooler - satin finish with dozens of rubber foot grippers.

Thanks- I needed something to be fairly utilitarian- have 2 little ones, and I didn't want to get anything that I would worry about getting scratched, scraped, kicked etc. Really- wanted something that would look good, but help the kids climb in teh car without scratching up the sill plates (why these aren't protected from the factory....I have no idea).

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the nerf bars in powder coated black. I really like that the colour is almost a perfect match for the Tuxedo Black Metallic. They hold up really well, were very (very!) easy to install, and the price was excellent- $144.50 landed.

Enjoy!

Is it really easy to put those Nerf Bars on the Edge ? I'm not too good with tools, can you describe the process a bit ?? Thanks ...

Is it really easy to put those Nerf Bars on the Edge ? I'm not too good with tools, can you describe the process a bit ?? Thanks ...

Pretty simple, really. Lay out all the parts, differentiating between driver's side and passenger side. Have a good socket set, and you are done. You will have to slide around under the side of your car, and hold parts with one hand while tightening with the other. Uncomfortable, but really easy overall.

If you can put together IKEA furniture, you have put this on. The kits are custom for the vehicle, so the bolt patterns will match.

Good luck- it is really easy to do. I'm sure you will do fine.