2010 Nav System

Has anybody done any research into the cost of adding the factory Nav system to a 2010 SEL that didn't have one factory installed? Some of the aftermarket units look great but I'd really want to keep the Sync functionality intact. Any info. would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody done any research into the cost of adding the factory Nav system to a 2010 SEL that didn't have one factory installed? Some of the aftermarket units look great but I'd really want to keep the Sync functionality intact. Any info. would be appreciated.

Hmmm, 237 views and no replies, I guess I'm not the only one that's clueless about this. :wacko:

Hmmm, 237 views and no replies, I guess I'm not the only one that's clueless about this. :wacko:

You can retain all SYNC functionality with an aftermarket HU, you just have to add on another piece of hardware. A factory navigation unit can be found for a lower price on ebay or other parts dealers than through Ford directly, but honestly for the money it would be better to go aftermarket. You will get more options and better sound quality that way...

You can retain all SYNC functionality with an aftermarket HU, you just have to add on another piece of hardware. A factory navigation unit can be found for a lower price on ebay or other parts dealers than through Ford directly, but honestly for the money it would be better to go aftermarket. You will get more options and better sound quality that way...

What he said.... I agree. the Ford unit is not bad, but for the $$$ (a $1995.00 msrp option if I remember correctly), you could get an awesome aftermarket unit that looks like it came from the factory, and works much better/more features/sounds better. Just my 2 cents worth. Checkout Crutchfield.com... If you're a do-it-youselfer, I think you'll be pleasantly surpised. Good luck.

What he said.... I agree. the Ford unit is not bad, but for the $$$ (a $1995.00 msrp option if I remember correctly), you could get an awesome aftermarket unit that looks like it came from the factory, and works much better/more features/sounds better. Just my 2 cents worth. Checkout Crutchfield.com... If you're a do-it-youselfer, I think you'll be pleasantly surpised. Good luck.

Just looked around Crutchfield and they have some nice units but it looks like they will all require an adapter and also a satellite receiver to keep my Sirius going. Also I'm not sure if the USB and line in connections would still work properly. I don't really need the nav system I'm just aggravated with how much trouble it is to tune to a particular channel with the controls available with the 6 disc changer radio. It would be so much easier to chose if I had a touch screen to do it.

You know, I just spent a couple of hours mowing my lawn, thinking about this and I realized what I need instead of the nav system is an Android app that can connect by bluetooth to the Sync system and control the Sirius radio with the touchscreen on the phone. That would be perfect and much less expensive. :rockon:

You know, I just spent a couple of hours mowing my lawn, thinking about this and I realized what I need instead of the nav system is an Android app that can connect by bluetooth to the Sync system and control the Sirius radio with the touchscreen on the phone. That would be perfect and much less expensive. :rockon:

Nice idea, but the Sync system is not connected to the Sirius. If it were, you'd already be able to control Sirius with voice commands. Other Fords like the Fusion, Escape and Flex have a direct programming button that lets you type in the channel number, but they all have 10-digit "preset" buttons.

Nice idea, but the Sync system is not connected to the Sirius. If it were, you'd already be able to control Sirius with voice commands. Other Fords like the Fusion, Escape and Flex have a direct programming button that lets you type in the channel number, but they all have 10-digit "preset" buttons.

I knew there was a flaw in my great idea. :angry:

Yeah, that's exactly what is missing from the Edge radio, the 10 buttons like I have on my Plug and Play unit I use in my tractor at work.

So, if I purchase the following items is this all I would need?

1)http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130AVIC120/Pioneer-AVIC-Z120BT.html?tp=20222

2)http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541MSFRD1/Ford-Factory-Radio-Interface.html?tp=3486

3)http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700SIRPION/SiriusConnect-Pioneer-Package.html?tp=87

4)http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIPS/PAC-SWI-PS.html?tp=3405&avf=N

The PAC radio adapter comes with a separate LCD, will this be needed or will the Pioneer touch screen take care of its functions? Would the less expensive XXXX920BT be a better choice? It does include a nice set of component speakers although I'm not sure where I'd put the tweeters, don't want to start hacking up the A pillars.