Oil Consumption

Diablo

Has anyone noticed that their Edge uses a quart of oil around 5 to 6 thousand mile after an oil change? I hope I have been checking it before all the oil has drained back into the pan. I had a new 2001 Vette and it called for Mobil 1 Synthetic and it would use 1 quart once 3 thousand miles were up after an oil change, and the dealer pulled out a book and showed me that GM said it was acceptable for the enginge to use 1 quart every 3 thousand miles and they refused to fix anything. I hope Ford does not do the same!!! I have been using 5W20 Synthetic Blend and a Pure One Oil Filter. Maybe it would be better to use a fully Synthetic oil???

Has anyone noticed that their Edge uses a quart of oil around 5 to 6 thousand mile after an oil change? I hope I have been checking it before all the oil has drained back into the pan. I had a new 2001 Vette and it called for Mobil 1 Synthetic and it would use 1 quart once 3 thousand miles were up after an oil change, and the dealer pulled out a book and showed me that GM said it was acceptable for the enginge to use 1 quart every 3 thousand miles and they refused to fix anything. I hope Ford does not do the same!!! I have been using 5W20 Synthetic Blend and a Pure One Oil Filter. Maybe it would be better to use a fully Synthetic oil???

That is perfectly exceptable in Fords eyes as well. Sorry for the bad news.