Highly reflective center console

Hi all, 1st post.

Have a '10 Edge SEL and love it. But my wife has a major issue with reflections from the center console alum trim around the radio/temp controls.

It seems to me that Ford kind of blew it when they put a buffed alum/black striped trim piece that seriously reflects sunlight. My wife is hypersensetive to light like this, and I too have had my eyes saturated with reflections. Then add the highly reflective (chrome) trim bezels around the L-center and R-center ventilation outlets, and I now have a new project.

Does anyone know if the center trim piece can be easily removed, and if so, how?

I'd like to get it painted, powder-coated, or anodized to a black matte finish to kill reflections.

I know there are transfer kits to change the look of this trim, but I don't think that's the direction I want to go in, yet.

Thx in advance.

Hi all, 1st post.

Have a '10 Edge SEL and love it. But my wife has a major issue with reflections from the center console alum trim around the radio/temp controls.

It seems to me that Ford kind of blew it when they put a buffed alum/black striped trim piece that seriously reflects sunlight. My wife is hypersensetive to light like this, and I too have had my eyes saturated with reflections. Then add the highly reflective (chrome) trim bezels around the L-center and R-center ventilation outlets, and I now have a new project.

Does anyone know if the center trim piece can be easily removed, and if so, how?

I'd like to get it painted, powder-coated, or anodized to a black matte finish to kill reflections.

I know there are transfer kits to change the look of this trim, but I don't think that's the direction I want to go in, yet.

Thx in advance.

I'm sure with the proper surface preperation and the right paint it can be done. I too am thinking of making a change to this area inside my Edge as well. The reflection isn't an issue for me but there are some areas where the brushed finish has started to wear away. I will probably purchase one of the dash kits in a carbon fiber finish though. I had a carbon fiber dash kit in my '04 F250 Lariat and I loved it and received many compliments on it as well. I know you said you don't want to go in that direction yet but the dash kits come in many different finishes that would look great inside the Edge regardless of which interior color you have, just my opinion. Good luck with whatever decision you make.