Seek info on Resist All Protective Sealant

Hi,

Anyone had positive experiences with an exterior and interior protective sealant called Resist All that you buy from and is applied to your vehicle by the dealer? My dealer has offered me this sealant complimentary on the paint and leather upholstery of my 2010 Edge Limited. I'm told that I won't have to wax the car again and that it protects the paint from things such as bird droppings and tree sap and protects the upholstery from all kinds of spills and stains. Of course, I'm happy to accept this free treatment! Just interested in hearing about anyone's good experiences with the Resist All product. Thanks. :yup:

Hi,

Anyone had positive experiences with an exterior and interior protective sealant called Resist All that you buy from and is applied to your vehicle by the dealer? My dealer has offered me this sealant complimentary on the paint and leather upholstery of my 2010 Edge Limited. I'm told that I won't have to wax the car again and that it protects the paint from things such as bird droppings and tree sap and protects the upholstery from all kinds of spills and stains. Of course, I'm happy to accept this free treatment! Just interested in hearing about anyone's good experiences with the Resist All product. Thanks. :yup:

Snake oil. Won't protect any better than a regular wax or protectant on the paint and you don't need or want anything to protect the leather - just a good cleaning and conditioning periodically. The dealer is more likely to screw up the paint applying it.

Hi,

X2 on the "snake oil".

I wouldn't trust the dealer (or anyone for that matter...) to apply a "lifetime" paint or fabric protectant. I could see more harm than good coming from application of some "miracle" liquid...

If you drive your car in the real world, you will need to pay attention to the finish/paint at some time.

If it was really so great, why wouldn't Ford offer to put it on the vehicles from the factory and use that at a selling point??

:wacko: Wow! I'm glad I asked the question and the answers don't make this treatment sound like it would be a good investment - even if free! You're right that I should do regular waxing and leather conditioning and I have to agree that it must not be such a miracle product if Ford (or any other car manufacturer) doesn't apply it during building and market it. Thanks for your responses.

:wacko: Wow! I'm glad I asked the question and the answers don't make this treatment sound like it would be a good investment - even if free! You're right that I should do regular waxing and leather conditioning and I have to agree that it must not be such a miracle product if Ford (or any other car manufacturer) doesn't apply it during building and market it. Thanks for your responses.

There is one small exception. You can purchase a silicon based fabric protector (not applicable to leather though) which works very well and outlasts scotchguard. It typically lasts 3-5 years whereas scotchguard only lasts 6 months because it's water based. It has to be applied with a respirator but it really does work and you usually get a 3 yr warranty against stains.

We used to sell it for furniture protection when I was in college. I had a throw pillow that I sprayed and I would take a coke or other liquid and pour over it and it would run off like it was waterproof.

It only cost us about $5 for the chemical plus 10 minutes to spray it on. We charged $40 but that included the warranty. I sprayed my new car seats and carpet for free when I came back to visit the store after college.