AdvanceTrac light - 2007 Ford Edge SE

Has anyone had their AdvanceTrac light come on ? I am at 51,000 miles on me Ford Edge SE and prior to replacing all 4 tires the Advance Trac light would come on at random times when driving or even at start up. However some days it wouldn't! The dealer said most likely due to the tires needing to be replaced soon. I didn't really agree with that but they know a little more I guess. So I just bought 4 new Goodyear Assurance 235/65 R17 tires (it was time anyways) and now the light still comes on randomly some days stays on but then later in the day doesnt come on at all. I checked my tire pressure, as Sams Club had them at 39 psi, which I brought down to 35 psi COLD and still the light comes on randomly. It has been coming on more when I am driving in the heat of the day when its 100 plus degrees in Phoenix. Some days though, even when its 100 plus degrees, no light at all. I am curious if anyone has had this light come on randomly, what the dealer has done to correct it, and what if any recommendations you all have ?

Thanks for any help here before I spend $100 plus dollars for a diagnostic at Ford.

Oh and best yet, dealer has said it is a HARD issue to diagnose on the vehicle itself....LOVE THAT comment from my service department!!

Thanks!

J

Was your warranty over the first time you took it in for this problem?

If you still had a warranty at that time I WOULD be down there in the morning IF THE light is on, make sure they see it before you turn the car off.

Then in my most diplomatic voice (seriously) I would say something like this.

You told me this could be a very hard problem to diagnose, so as a good faith effort on your part how about putting your best tech on it. OH and another good faith effort on your part, I'll need a loaner at your expense!

Good luck

ab