Considering a 4-channel amp

We have a 2007 MKX that originally came with a stock CD6 head unit. As many of you know, I have since swapped in a factory MKX Nav head unit, and replaced all the factory speakers (6x8s and front tweeters) with better Infinity Kappa units. Sound is good (a little better than stock) but the speakers can handle alot more power to sound even better so I am considering getting a 4-channel amplifier. I have located a harness kit from PAC Audio (the same company that supplied me with the IPhone/Sirius integration) that requires no cutting or splicing of the factory wires to add such an amplifier. I'm not going to get crazy and install all new speaker wires to the 4 door speakers since I would only be adding 50Wx4 or so. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet on their Edge or MKX. I obviously want to keep the factory Ford NAV unit so no, I don't want to replace the head unit....I know that will get mentioned...haha. Also, not interested in an aftermarket subwoofer or a Stealth box type sub (way too much money).

If so, I have a few questions:

Seems like there is plenty of space under and behind the center console (under the dash area) to hide the amp. That big void seems like it would not cause any heat related issues with the amplifier.

I haven't had a chance to search yet but I'm sure that will answer this question. Where can I get the power for the amp from? Is there any other fused 12V power source around that I could safely use besides running an ugly wire directly to the battery?

Anybody who is experienced in this...what is a middle of the road reasonably priced suggestion for a mild 4 channel amp? Not looking to spend thousands but a reliable, decent one.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by klc317

either Arc Audio or Soundstream are good choices. Also you will need to run a power wire to the battery

. The last thing you want to do is starve an amp of power. fastest way to burn up an amp. Arc makes a mini amp that will fit below the radio.

Not the best place for it but plenty of air moves back there and makes for a simple install. i have 2 arc audio mini amps in my edge. they are awesome and

very efficent. I ran a mono block and a 2 channel for the highs. Unless you use a fader a 2 channel amp is fine . if your interested call me at my office # listed on my website at the bottom.