2011 MKX - iTunes to mp3? or flash drive?

I am picking up my 2011 MKX later this week. I am used to listening to CDs that I burned from iTunes in my old car which has a 6 CD changer. Of course, the format in iTunes is proprietary to Apple. What is the best way for me to now listen to my music in the new MKX? I would prefer to just have mp3 files on a usb flash drive but getting from iTunes to mp3 is difficult. I guess I could buy a new ipod (now on my iphone4) dedicated to the car. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am picking up my 2011 MKX later this week. I am used to listening to CDs that I burned from iTunes in my old car which has a 6 CD changer. Of course, the format in iTunes is proprietary to Apple. What is the best way for me to now listen to my music in the new MKX? I would prefer to just have mp3 files on a usb flash drive but getting from iTunes to mp3 is difficult. I guess I could buy a new ipod (now on my iphone4) dedicated to the car. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please don't cross post. See replies in the other thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5482-music-from-itunes-to-mp3-usb-flash-drive/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1