Adding HIDs

11Sport

I am not convinced that the cutoff for the Edge reflector is built for the HID kits. If anyone can show me an 08 with HIDs with an appropriate cutoff then I may change my mind. However, does anyone know if the 2010 or 2011 (not sure which) projector fits the 08? Or if anyone does a projector drop in retrofit for the 08? My main concern is putting an HID into a housing that was built as a reflector and as such will scatter light too much and blind other drivers. I just don't want to be THAT guy...

Its doubtful the 2011+ lamps fit the previous generation, they are different shapes and dimensions overall. A good body guy could do anything for the right price though!

You can always do a projector retrofit, either something to do as a DIY project or have it professionally done. Not sure if we could squeeze one of our bixenon complete projector systems in there or not.

You seem to be the guy to ask, and i know you don't want to damage your (good) reputation on this site but do you have photo evidence that the cutoff of the standard reflector is suitable for an HID kit? I am not setting you up for a knock down, I just have never seen a reflector with a decent enough cutoff not to blind traffic. I would be happy to be corrected and even enough to purchase your kit if I feel comfortable with the evidence.

For my taste that cutoff is nowhere near where it needs to be not to blind oncoming drivers. Let me know if you come out with a drop in kit to convert the 07-10 headlights to projectors. I am sure you would have a bunch of potential buyers here...