Buying 2011. MyFord Touch inquiry

GreenDragon68

Hi,

Going out tomorrow and finally purchasing a 2011 Sel AWD. I originally posted a while back in the newcomers forum about going from a 1993 4wd pickup truck to an Edge and comparison on how it would handle in snow.

I am debating between the rapidspec 201 package and not getting the touch system. I'm old school in that I've always just put in an aftermarket radio and speakers, amp etc. Any thoughts on how the touch system sounds and if it's just better to get the rapidspec 200 package and put in my own system? I see that the Sony system is not an option on the SEL. If I don't go with the touch system I'm hoping it's relatively easy to do aftermarket, and if I do I'm hoping I could upgrade the sound. Not sure I need all the touch technology.

Thanks!

Edited by GreenDragon68

Hi,

Going out tomorrow and finally purchasing a 2011 Sel AWD. I originally posted a while back in the newcomers forum about going from a 1993 4wd pickup truck to an Edge and comparison on how it would handle in snow.

I am debating between the rapidspec 201 package and not getting the touch system. I'm old school in that I've always just put in an aftermarket radio and speakers, amp etc. Any thoughts on how the touch system sounds and if it's just better to get the rapidspec 200 package and put in my own system? I see that the Sony system is not an option on the SEL. If I don't go with the touch system I'm hoping it's relatively easy to do aftermarket, and if I do I'm hoping I could upgrade the sound. Not sure I need all the touch technology.

Thanks!

If you think you'll want it at some point, get it now. It will be almost impossible to retrofit. You can always upgrade the speakers and even add amps if you want.

I think once you have it you'll find it extremely useful.

If you think you'll want it at some point, get it now. It will be almost impossible to retrofit. You can always upgrade the speakers and even add amps if you want.

I think once you have it you'll find it extremely useful.

Thanks for the reply! I'll take a look at it more when I go to the dealer.

Edited by GreenDragon68