Rust protection. Worth it on Edge?

HalBran

First let me introduce myself, I ordered my 2011 Edge SEL AWD about 2 weeks ago :happy feet:. The wait is killing me.

I'm still debating if I should apply rust protection. I'm in Quebec Canada and in the winter time a lot of abrasive and salt is used, it's about the worst environment for rusting. My Edge won't be parked indoors.

I know it's too early to have any info on rust problems on the 2011 Edge but is the previous generation Edge notorious for rusting? I traded my 2005 Mazda 3 so I don't want to live the same thing all over again (The car has been almost repainted all over :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for your input.

I live in southern Ontario. Lot's of salt/rust.

I would not hesitate if you plan on keeping the vehicle,or want reasonable re-sale value.

Around here Rust Check or Krown are popular.

I don't see any difference.Remember the spray works it's way into every crevice

and long term will keep the brake lines from rusting.

As well I think it's good for all the suspension components.

:beerchug: Jack

See a previous post about Rust Protection. I live in ON and have just had my 2010 sprayed with Diamond Coat. I did not want any holes drilled in the vehicle, so that ruled out some options. I agree with a previous poster that they are all about the same, but based on reviews that say it is all in the application I went with the Diamond because the owner is new in business, setting up for his retirement and I know he is doing the work instead of some minimum wage Joe/Jill, .