Cover Flow

francois.nc

How exactly do you get to the cover flow view (you know where you can see your album artwork, similar to iTunes)

I have all my mp3's working individually with Album Art when playing (usb by the way) just was looking for the option of flipping from Album to Album, I believe I saw somewhere where that may only work while in Park, but I haven't seen it there either.

Thanks

How exactly do you get to the cover flow view (you know where you can see your album artwork, similar to iTunes)

I have all my mp3's working individually with Album Art when playing (usb by the way) just was looking for the option of flipping from Album to Album, I believe I saw somewhere where that may only work while in Park, but I haven't seen it there either.

Thanks

I wondered the same thing. Turns out you need to be using GraceNote.

I tried the GraceNote option and found that it sucked. It couldn't find hardly any of my music's cover art. I have never seen the cover flow though.

The Touch manual says...

Gracenote Cover Art on/off: When turned on, this feature will

pull in cover art from the Gracenote Database for your music files.

This will override any art from your device. This feature defaults to off.

To view your album art in a 3D carousel: Press Browse > Music >

Albums > Cover Art. If the Gracenote cover art feature (covered in the

previous section) is turned on, you will be able to touch and drag the

screen with your finger to view your album art. Tap on an album to

select.

I wondered the same thing. Turns out you need to be using GraceNote.

I tried the GraceNote option and found that it sucked. It couldn't find hardly any of my music's cover art. I have never seen the cover flow though.

The Touch manual says...

Gracenote Cover Art on/off: When turned on, this feature will

pull in cover art from the Gracenote Database for your music files.

This will override any art from your device. This feature defaults to off.

To view your album art in a 3D carousel: Press Browse > Music >

Albums > Cover Art. If the Gracenote cover art feature (covered in the

previous section) is turned on, you will be able to touch and drag the

screen with your finger to view your album art. Tap on an album to

select.

Thanks I will give that a shot, I did turn on that Gracenote Cover thing once, but it just threw in a generic Pop or Rock for something for my Cover Art when playing a track so I turned it off immediately, didn't go to the Browse area when the Gracenote thing was turned on.

I was thinking Gracenote updates were part of Nav, at least I believe they were on the Fusion, I don't have a Nav in my Edge, does that mean I have no Gracenote Cover Art as well?

Thanks I will give that a shot, I did turn on that Gracenote Cover thing once, but it just threw in a generic Pop or Rock for something for my Cover Art when playing a track so I turned it off immediately, didn't go to the Browse area when the Gracenote thing was turned on.

I was thinking Gracenote updates were part of Nav, at least I believe they were on the Fusion, I don't have a Nav in my Edge, does that mean I have no Gracenote Cover Art as well?

Good question. I had heard that the GraceNote DB was on the SD card. I have Nav. GraceNote did give me some cover art but not all.

Anyone have an answer? Where is the GraceNote database and how can we update it?