Cquartz on my trade

Looks incredible Rich!! What's the durability like on the Cquartz?

Btw, your FX looks smokin' hawt! One of the sexiest SUVs on the road IMHO. :)

Thanks Shane! The Cquartz has two awesome characteristics (three if you count the awesome wet look it imparts):

1) Durability of up to 2 years

2) Scratch resistance to the surface

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.aquartz.net/aquartz.html

I started Beta testing this product and was also using Opti Coat which is a very similar system. They are unbeatable in their looks and protection. The sheeting and beading has to be seen. I've done a few videos on youtube if you want the links. Once you try this stuff, you will never put anything else on your car again. I'm putting this on the MKX when it arrives. You can do paint, glass and trim with it. It will protect it all. It's more $$ than regular sealants, but nothing compares, even my Duragloss 105 topped with Collinite 845 combo...and that's damned near impossible to beat.

Shane, Here are the 2 videos I shot comparing 3 of the nano coat products. Aquartz which was the old version of the new Cquartz vs Opti Coat.

Here is another video where I am reviewing a car wash soap sent to me to try as well as showing the properties of the coatings as well:

The Opti Coat is available directly through Optimum Coatings through their forum. It is restricted to whom they sell and you must be a certified detailer. It is $100. for 40 ml which does 4 cars.

The Cquartz is available right now through the owner Avi at his email sales@aquartz.net. He's in Cyprus and the products come from Korea. Payment is made in Euros. I've ordered from him twice now. Do a Cquartz search on youtube and let me know what you think of the videos. (other than mine).

• 4 months later...

Anyone else use this product? It's now on eshine.ca. It was funny that found it there, started looking for some reviews and then found it on our forum :shades: Too Cool!

This stuff is made with Si02 (Silica) which is the primary ingredient to glass. In essence, this stuff makes a thin glass coating over your paint. It sounds great, but it is a permanent application. It only comes off with abrasion. Your paint must be perfect before you apply it, or you're stuck with the flaws underneath.

I've bought all kinds of crap over the years and can fill a large box with all of the waxes I've purchased. I'm tempted to give this a go, but not sure yet. It's too new of a product for any other reviews to exist and to know the long term quality.

Anyone else use this product? It's now on eshine.ca. It was funny that found it there, started looking for some reviews and then found it on our forum :shades: Too Cool!

This stuff is made with Si02 (Silica) which is the primary ingredient to glass. In essence, this stuff makes a thin glass coating over your paint. It sounds great, but it is a permanent application. It only comes off with abrasion. Your paint must be perfect before you apply it, or you're stuck with the flaws underneath.

I've bought all kinds of crap over the years and can fill a large box with all of the waxes I've purchased. I'm tempted to give this a go, but not sure yet. It's too new of a product for any other reviews to exist and to know the long term quality.

Anything that claims to be "permanent" is a red flag. Stick with the known stuff - zaino or plain carnauba or one of the ones that our local detaielrs have already recommended.

There is no magic bullet. Sealants last longer than wax but both wear out and must be reapplied anywhere from 1 to 6 months.

Anything that claims to be "permanent" is a red flag. Stick with the known stuff - zaino or plain carnauba or one of the ones that our local detaielrs have already recommended.

There is no magic bullet. Sealants last longer than wax but both wear out and must be reapplied anywhere from 1 to 6 months.

Just to clarify, they don't say its permanent, I do, I guess the better way to put it is "semi-permanent"

They state it has a 2 year lifespan. It does eventually wear out, but from what I'm reading, it can't be removed if you don't like it. It bonds to the paint, unlike most waxes/sealants, you can take them off with other chemicals. This does not come off that way. I'm wondering if this would effect any other touch up work if required.

I'm with ya akirby! I think I'll stick with the tried and true stuff for now as the jury is still out on this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

AXCL, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this. I've been away for a few weeks. I help run a detailing forum called Live2detail.com It is owned by a Canadian out of Calgary. Several of us on there have been testing both the Cquartz as well as the Opti Coat. This is COMPLETELY different technology than sealants and waxes. I have been detailing for 30 years and have played with tons of different products over the years. I also do beta testing for a company as well. I have it on my MKX (I did a thread on it here) as well as on my 2004 FX35 that I sold to get my MKX. This stuff is the real deal. Yes, your paint must be perfect before application and cleaing the paint with IRA/Dawn mix is crucial as well. There is a ton of info on the site about both these products. You'll love the site...I have the same user name on there as well. Hope that helps and hope to see you there.

Edited by richy

AXCL, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this. I've been away for a few weeks. I help run a detailing forum called Live2detail.com It is owned by a Canadian out of Calgary. Several of us on there have been testing both the Cquartz as well as the Opti Coat. This is COMPLETELY different technology than sealants and waxes. I have been detailing for 30 years and have played with tons of different products over the years. I also do beta testing for a company as well. I have it on my MKX (I did a thread on it here) as well as on my 2004 FX35 that I sold to get my MKX. This stuff is the real deal. Yes, your paint must be perfect before application and cleaing the paint with IRA/Dawn mix is crucial as well. There is a ton of info on the site about both these products. You'll love the site...I have the same user name on there as well. Hope that helps and hope to see you there.

Thanks for the tip on the live2detail.com forum. I'll check it out!