My FordTouch with Apple Products

Okay, so apparently, MFT isn't fully compatible with apple products yet. ETA - they don't know. Its taking forever for my ipod to index, and no photos load, no alubm covers are working. Im wondering why I purchased this vehicle. The screen will freeze as well. UGH

My album art works off my ipod - no photo's...

No it isn't fully compatible with Apple, but it is a microsoft system. From what I have heard it isn't fully compatible with many things. If you weren't ready to be a first year tester - you shouldn't have bought the car. If you let these glitches hang you up - then you will be pretty unhappy but if you go with it, they should be able to fix all of the software glitches and you can really enjoy the car.

Okay, so apparently, MFT isn't fully compatible with apple products yet. ETA - they don't know. Its taking forever for my ipod to index, and no photos load, no alubm covers are working. Im wondering why I purchased this vehicle. The screen will freeze as well. UGH

I have had my new Edge for a few weeks and I have an iPhone 4. It is not fully compatible true. USB connection works very well including artwork. Bluetooth streaming is working "bare bones" (audio streams with volume control wokring...full control of what plays is from the phone..which is what I expected). Phone functions works fine (but for contact photos) and voice commands are better than any car I have seen recently. But I believe the flakyness is an Apple issue more so than Ford/Sync. I had issues with my iPhone 4 and my old car's stereo too (where not so much with my 3G before OS4). So I would agree, not optimal for one of the top brands of phones on the market. :banghead:

I do hope though you do not judge an entire car purchase based on the fact some photos don't show up on a screen and the ipod won't index to your satisfaction. The 2011 Edge continues to impress me the more and more I drive it. Any car you buy will have something you don't like or is flaky in my years of experience. I have had "anti-buyers remorse" and am SO glad I did not buy the Honda Crosstour or the Lexus 450h or any other crossover I looked at.

I am giddy like when I first got my drivers license and take every excuse I can to take it for a drive. :rockon: even without "rock solid" Apple integration (yet). In all my test driving, I spent a lot of time testing how the car and phone worked, and even with this flaky stuff the Ford is better than most any other cars I looked at when you add up all the features (I looked at a lot).